Wednesday 22 May 2013

Teachers love Oklahoma


By now I am sure you have all heard of the devastation that hit Oklahoma Monday night. It is times like this that I realize just how much I have to be thankful for. My home is safe and sound, as are the people who live in it. I went to school today, and got to see all my students, just like any other day. Sadly this is not the case for our friends in Oklahoma. Their lives have been turned upside down. Lives have been lost, homes have been lost, and their lives will never be the same. They need our help!

It is times like these that I feel so fortunate to be a teacher, and to be a part of the teacher-bloggers community. I have met so many amazing people from around the world through blogging, and I have to tell you I have always known it takes a special type of person to be a teacher, but I am always amazed at the generosity of my fellow teachers.

Twenty-four hours hadn't yet passed since the tornado hit, when a fellow teacher-blogger decided to turn off the news and do something to help. Within a few hours, and the helping hand of the teacher-blogger community, she had organized a fundraising campaign, with which all proceeds will go to the Red Cross in Oklahoma.

If you are one of those teachers who wants to help, but just doesn't know how...this is how!

Go over to The Teacher's Treasure Chest and make a donation, you will be happy you did!

For a $25.00 donation, you will receive over $200 worth of teaching products created by some of the top teacher-authors on TpT!
 
ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE RED CROSS IN OKLAHOMA CITY!
 


My thoughts go out to all those affected by the devastation in Oklahoma.
Please know that you are in our hearts.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment